Imagine this scenario – you are in the middle of a bath, and you grab the shower head to sing your favorite song. While that sounds great, you know what would be even better? If you can play the song and sing along! That is what a shower speaker can make possible. These handy gadgets use Bluetooth to connect to your smartphone or another device and play any track you want. In this article, we want to discover which is the best shower speaker currently available. We made a top ten list to help you learn about the top-rated units in the market before you set your mind on a particular speaker.
- Extremely durable
- Beautiful design
- Excellent sound quality
- The amazing battery life of approximately 40 hours
- It doesn’t have great connectivity at big distances
- The microphone could be of better quality
- The buttons are easy to control
- It quickly establishes Bluetooth connection
- Fully submersible up to three feet 10-hour battery
- Battery life is quite long
- It is a bit more expensive than other models
- A fairly durable speaker resistant to water and drops
- Versatile and compatible with smartphones and digital players
- An integrated microphone for talking
- Up to six hours of playtime
- Battery life could be better
- The suction cup might not be reliable on all surfaces
Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers - Shop Wireless in [current_year]
How to Choose the Best Shower Speaker
There is no reason not to mention the elephant in the room – shower speakers mostly look similar! At first glance, all these gadgets look alike, but in reality, their performance may significantly vary. That is why we are mentioning the factors you should keep in mind when deciding on a device.
Sound Volume and Quality
Your priority should be to consider the volume and quality of the sound. When it comes to power, you probably won’t need too much since the speaker will be fairly close to you. A device with a driver anywhere from 3W to 10W can perform up to your expectations.
When it comes to quality, it is important that the speaker is distortion-free at high volumes. The best way to test this is to hear the sound yourself, but since that may not be possible, reading the reviews can be helpful.
A shower speaker will frequently be around water. That is why it needs to be water-resistant, and should have any performance problems if it gets wet.
Fully submersible speakers have the highest waterproof level. However, keep in mind that the depth is probably limited, and they also shouldn’t spend a lot of time in the water.
You can even go for speakers that are not submersible, but make sure to get water-resistant ones. That means they should be capable of handling you changing the tracks and adjusting the volume with wet hands, as well as an occasional splash or two.
The most common attaching option for a Bluetooth speaker is a suction cup. These cups can easily be attached to the bathroom tiles or the walls. However, the production quality and the surface can both affect the performance, and how long the speaker can hold attached to the wall.
The other popular alternative is a hook, which you can use to attach to a place where you hold the towel or any other convenient location in the bathroom. It is up to you to pick the exact spot, but make sure you test the sound before you start showering.
If you like taking long showers, you don’t want the speaker’s battery to die after 20 or 30 minutes. That is why you should ensure to purchase a unit whose battery lasts for at least a couple of hours. The battery life can vary from one speaker to another, but most of them can last for four to twelve hours per charge
Another thing to consider is the overall durability of the battery. Most batteries will not perform that well after a while, and their life per charge may decrease. Depending on the unit, you may need to change it after six months or more.
Other Features to Consider
Here are some other things that may affect which speaker you select:
- Button placement – the buttons need to be conveniently placed so that you can change the tracks, and adjust the volume easily.
- Charger type – most speakers use a form of a USB cable to charge, and that can come in handy when you need a replacement cable quickly.
- Design – for some users, it matters how the speaker looks, and whether they like the used color combination.
- Integrated microphone – some speakers have a built-in mic, which allows you to answer calls while you are in the shower.
Finding the best shower speaker can turn your bath into an amazing experience filled with your favorite tunes, and we hope that our guide helped you to pick the ideal gadget for you!
If you want to listen to music or your favorite podcast in the shower, a specialized waterproof speaker is a way to go. That way, you will keep the smartphone or another playing device at a safe distance from water, and the speaker will secure the highest sound quality and volume.
A shower speaker should be water-resistant, but it is not necessary for it to be submersible. However, if you know that your speaker is not submersible, it would be smart to secure that it won’t fall into the water accidentally. If it does, make sure to take it out as soon as possible, and it may still work flawlessly.
It depends on the unit, but most shower speakers should work as long as the range is up to 30-35 feet. Some can maintain a stable connection at a longer range, but the quality of the connection can depend on the obstacles in the way, such as walls or floors.