Selfie sticks are great ways to be able to capture photos and videos that are at a different angle than a regular selfie. They are simply a stick that you can hook your iPhone onto, extend and take a picture from the base of the stainless steel stick. Either through a Bluetooth remote control or a connected button on the stick itself, you’ll easily be able to capture beautiful moments.
- Mini ring light connected
- Folds out into a tripod also
- Rechargeable LED light
- Customers have wished it extended more
- Bigger phones feel heavy
- Highest priced selfie stick on this list
- Some customers have experienced charging issues after a long time without using it
- 360º rotation and 270º adjustable neck
- Additional sidelight for better quality images
- Light may not be needed therefore customers may question its necessity
The Best Selfie Sticks
As we look through all the different smartphone selfie sticks out on the market there are many different reasons as to why we will want to have one in our gadget collection. Taking photos and videos is a great way to immortalize our favorite events, and occasions and to make sure that our memories will never fade. There are a few specific features to selfie sticks that we believe are important to understand but also will help determine which selfie stick is for you when making your decision.
The length of your selfie stick when extended is incredibly important as that will determine what angle you can take your images at. If you are planning on taking closer images with friends and family then using a shorter rod would be more beneficial for you as you can truly see everyone you want to immortalize. If you are searching for a selfie stick that can reach high and take wide-angle shots we’d recommend even longer rods that reach 7-10 feet to truly experience the beauty the world has to offer.
If you are planning to use your selfie stick to take videos like TikTok’s or YouTube Shorts then having a selfie stick that can double as a tripod can give you that flexibility in a selfie stick. It is important that when picking a selfie stick you know all the potential needs you are trying to meet when picking this gadget, and having a selfie stick that also doubles as a tripod is a great function to assist in your video capturing. It can also help when taking full-length photos from a far distance as you can set your phone up, set a timer and go to town taking beautiful pictures.
Similar to the function of a tripod, having the additional light that mimics the use of a ring light can be extremely important for individuals who tend to take portrait images, or even film TikTok and YouTube Shorts on their phone. Adding the light can also turn your regular selfie stick into more of a vlog selfie stick, dimming the background light and bringing your beauty to the front.
Some customers may not know exactly how to use a selfie stick, and with these few steps, you’ll be snapping pictures in no time.
- Set up your iPhone on the end of the selfie stick, typically with adjustable clamps on either side of your device, and set it either horizontally or vertically.
- If your selfie stick requires the downloading of an app to use the remote with, do so, if not, connect your remote control to the Bluetooth of your phone and open up the camera.
- Double-check that your control is connected by snapping a couple of test shots and then setting up your shot.
- Snap your new favorite pictures and enjoy the easy use of a selfie stick for your iPhone.
A selfie stick is typically made out of stainless steel and is essentially a strong rod that you attach your phone on at one end and then extend it further away from you so you can get better photos and videos. You want your selfie stick to be lightweight and long to get the best out of it.
You will be able to get images from a higher height, you may even be able to film concert footage or take a wide photo of yourself on a cliff after a long and relaxing hike. The beauty of many selfie sticks is that many unfold into a tripod also for more stable photo and video capturing.
The features you should look for vary from person to person, however, what we at Gadget User would recommend is knowing if it folds into a tripod or not (depending on your wants and needs), if there is a Bluetooth remote control clicker, and how long the selfie stick extends as that will also determine the best selfie stick for you.