Are you heading on a field trip and plan to spend all day hiking? After an hour or two, you will be dreaming about a cold beverage. That is where backpack coolers can help. These unique items are ideal for every travel as they can keep drinks cold for a long time.
Your task is to pick the best backpack cooler, but that can be tricky. It is why our team investigated the market and came up with a list of top-rated coolers out there.
The Best Backpack Cooler
1. Our Pick: IceMule Pro Insulated Backpack Cooler Bag
• It can do a good job in keeping your drinks cold
• Suitable for any outdoor occasion
• Although it is compact-sized, it has plenty of space
• Easily foldable when not in use
• You can’t sit on this like the other coolers
IceMule features a versatile backpack cooler that can serve for any outdoor occasion, such as tailgating, camping, hiking, or fishing. The material quality is surprisingly good, and the product uses five different ways to keep your drinks cold.
The inner and outer layers are all tough, and the backpack can pack a generous quantity of drinks. The manufacturer emphasizes that your beverages will remain cool for 24 hours. Once you use up all the drinks, you can fold the backpack and fit it in your bag easily.
The manufacturer went with a no-zipper design and ensured that the item itself is waterproof. You should avoid keeping ice in the unit for extremely long as it may leak, but other than that, IceMule seems like an excellent choice for every outdoor trip you plan.
2. Premium Pick: YETI Hopper Backflip 24 Soft Sided Cooler/Backpack
• It can fit up to 20 cans and plenty of ice
• Sturdy construction that prevents knocking over
• Resistant to mold, mildew, and even UV rays
• Excellent insulation
• A high price tag
• Pay attention to zippers, or you may face leaks
If you are a serious camper dedicated to outdoor activities, you need a backpack cooler that can last for years to come. You want only the best, and that might be the YETI Hopper. YETI has established as a premium brand, and it is also a matter of prestige to own one of these items.
The backpack can fit plenty of drinks for a large party, and ensure to keep everything cold the entire day. You can also pack food inside the backpack to ensure that it remains fresh. The sturdy construction and high-quality components secure maximum durability.
The rubber foam ensures excellent insulation, and the outer shell is resistant to mildew, mold, and even sun rays. The zippers are of high quality, but make sure they are closed well, or you might cause leaks.
It is extremely comfortable to wear the backpack thanks to the generous strap and back padding. The additional straps ensure the weight is well-distributed and there is no risk of it slipping off your shoulders.
3. Best Value: Coleman C003 Soft Backpack Cooler
• A large primary compartment with zippers
• The straps and back are padded for optimal comfort
• Resistant to mold, mildew, and even UV rays
• The liner resists mildew and mold
• The backpack might slide off your shoulders occasionally
• Not that much space inside
Coleman Backpack Cooler is an excellent choice for those people who engage in outdoor activities occasionally. Furthermore, if you don’t need to pack drinks for a large party, you will love this product.
It is a compact-sized backpack, which means it might not offer that much space inside. However, the cooling compartment is fairly spacious, considering the size. The generous padding on both back and straps make the item comfortable to wear. However, the straps may be too wide apart for those that do not have broad shoulders, which may lead to the backpack sliding off them occasionally.
The product is of adequate quality – it can hold temperature well, and the liner resists mold and milder. Apart from the large inside compartment, you can use outside pockets to store other items. In case it gets too heavy, you can use the alternative of carrying it as a briefcase.
4. Igloo Outdoorsman Gizmo Backpack
• A spacious main pocket for more than a dozen cans
• Additional compartments for dry storage
• Equal distribution of the load when carrying the backpack
• The liner is antimicrobial and resistant to leaks
• The zippers are prone to breaking
• Be careful not to put too many things inside or the backpack might tear
Here is another backpack cooler that presents a good deal for the money. It does a good job in keeping your drinks cold for hours, and it has a spacious main compartment for up to 16 cans if you arrange well. Even if you pack it to the max, it will be fairly comfortable to wear the backpack thanks to the even weight distribution.
However, you should avoid overloading it as it may be prone to breaking. Additionally, be careful with the zipper, or you will have to replace them quickly.
Aside from the main pocket, the Igloo’s backpack also has additional compartments for dry storage, including a pocket for iPhones or tablets.
5. MIER Leakproof Backpack Cooler Insulated Lunch Backpack
• Padded straps and shoulders for a comfortable fit
• Fairly durable for an affordable backpack
• The liner is leak-proof
• Can fit your tablet or iPad
• It can’t fit laptops
• It doesn’t come with a handle
MIER’s backpack is suitable for hikers and outdoor lovers, but also those who need a bag for work. The insulated backpack can do an excellent job of retaining the temperature. It means your drinks will stay cold, as well as your food.
The product has a main compartment with a 22L capacity, which means it can fit 20 medium cans effortlessly. Apart from the main compartment, you can find a pocket big enough for tablets and iPads, but not for laptops. A total of three zipper pockets are included, as well as several mesh pockets.
Although it is comfortable to wear, it doesn’t come with a handle to carry it like a suitcase. However, the important thing is that you can comfortably fit plenty of items, and not worry about leaking since the liner is leak-proof.
6. Piscifun Insulated Cooler Backpack
• Keeps your drinks cold for up to 18 hours
• Durable and lightweight construction
• It has an integrated bottle opener
• Solid resistance against leakages
• Zippers are not that durable
• Ice packs are mandatory to keep the drinks cold
Piscifun has a great reputation for designing camping, fishing, and other outdoor equipment. They have once again managed to meet the expectations with this backpack cooler.
You can fit up to 20 medium cans, as well as an ice pack, which is mandatory to keep the drinks cold. The good news is that you can keep them cool for up to 18 hours.
The construction is durable, but lightweight at the same time. Thanks to that and the padded straps, it is comfortable to wear the backpack. The materials were carefully chosen, and the backpack is fairly resistant against leakages. The built-in bottle opener is also a neat and useful feature.
7. TOURIT Cooler Backpack
• A large backpack with plenty of space
• It does a good job in providing insulation
• Seven different compartments of various sizes
• A lightweight unit
• The overall durability could be better
• An occasional leak may happen
The unique color choice makes this design equally attractive to both men and women. Tourit has designed a large backpack that manages to keep its weight light. You can fit up to 30 cans inside, and the main compartment is very roomy.
You can also find two big zipper pockets, one small one, and three mesh pockets. Additionally, you also get a bottle opener so that you can easily open a drink.
The insulation capacity of the unit is great, and you will find that it can keep drinks cold (or food hot) for up to 16 hours. Keep in mind that you shouldn’t overstuff it as it is prone to occasional leakages. Although the overall durability could be better, it is still a good deal for the price.
8. SEEHONOR Insulated Cooler Backpack
• A waterproof backpack that provides excellent protection against leakages
• Generous cushioning on the straps
• Various pocket sizes for different items
• A lightweight unit despite the large size
• The quality of components is not that great
• The top handle is susceptible to breaking
Seehonor went with a classic design and two available color options. What the manufacturer focused on was the performance, and they managed to excel in many areas.
For starters, they designed a large backpack whose capacity is 30L, which means it can fit up to 30 standard cans. Apart from being able to retain the temperature for hours, the product is also waterproof and leak-proof.
It does all that while managing to stay lightweight. The affordable price dictates that the components are only of average quality, and the top handle is particularly poor and susceptible to breaking. It sounds amazing, but the backpack is scratchproof. It is also comfortable to wear, which makes it a good product overall, especially for the cost.
9. Kyndley Backpack Rucksack Shoulder Cooler Bag
• Use it as a backpack or cooler bag
• A large and durable unit
• Suitable for both beverages and food
• Available in two different colors
• It may be tough to carry when it is loaded
• The insulation could be better
If you are looking for versatility, this is the product you want to consider. It is always nice to see a convertible product, and this backpack can be turned into a classic cooler bag in seconds.
The cooler itself can fit 17L, but it is collapsible if you don’t need to use it. Apart from it, you can use a 25L main compartment and five additional pockets. It is an all-around bag that you can easily pack regardless of where you are going.
The product is quite durable and should last for a long time. It is spacious, but if you load it, it may be tough to carry. As for the insulation, it could be better, but it is still water-resistant and can hold drinks cold or food warm for hours.
10. OAGear Backpack 20 Can Cooler
• Comfortable straps make it easier to carry
• A compact-sized unit that fits up to 20 cans
• Mesh side pockets for easy access to some items
• Durable zippers
• The insulation is not great
• An occasional leakage may happen
The last backpack cooler on our list is a real bargain. It may be the cheapest one out there, and it provides a decent deal for the price.
First of all, this is a small backpack, but it can still fit up to 20 cans. The material quality is decent, and it can serve you for a long time. However, it is prone to leakages, especially if you leave it in the heat for too long.
The zippers are durable, which is a nice surprise, and the mesh outside pockets secure easy access to important items. Overall, it is a backpack for those that are not looking for a premium solution, but they still prefer a cold drink or warm food when they are on the go.
It is not that easy to pick the best backpack cooler, but we hope we made the task more manageable with our list. Make sure to try your favorite from the list and let us know the impressions!