Whether it’s a scramble to find your keys as you head to the door or the realisation you’ve forgotten them mid-way through your commute – the terror of misplacing your keys or belongings is something we’ve all experienced. The good news nowadays is that there’s a simple and easy solution to this dilemma, that’s right Bluetooth trackers!
Well, what is a Bluetooth tracker? Using the power of Bluetooth technology, these intelligent key finders allow you to keep track of any item that’s lost and is nearby. As a tiny device that attaches to your belongings, you can use Bluetooth key finders with a range of items from key and wallets to backpacks and luggage, which makes them perfect for travel!
- Precise location and super-fast responsiveness
- Easy-to-use and set up with Apple devices
- Affordable Apple proprietary device
- Strong selection of software features with ‘Find My App’
- Useful accessories are quite expensive and not included in base product
- Prone to scratching and superficial damage
- Tracking effectiveness raises some privacy concerns
H+LUX Key Finder Smart Tracker
- A lightweight tracker
- Reliable out of range notifier
- Long battery life
- Use the phone to find the tracker and vice versa
- The volume could be stronger
- Somewhat limited durability
The Best Wireless Bluetooth Trackers
How to Choose the Best Wireless Bluetooth Trackers
We have to be honest and say that you can find many unreliable trackers on the market. That is why we made the list of those that are trustworthy, but how to choose the best of the best? Here is a quick guide on the most important features to consider when purchasing a Bluetooth finder.
Range and Volume
The two crucial factors for wireless tracker are range and volume. For starters, pay attention to the specifics about the product’s range, and make sure it suits your needs.
Apart from that, you should make sure that the finder is loud enough. You may have to look for an item in a noisy environment, or you may lose keys under the covers. Either way, you should ensure that the product has the volume needed to locate it in all situations easily.
Is the App Reliable?
An excellent tracker is worth nothing without a reliable app. The majority of applications are suitable for both Android and iOS, but make sure they are trustworthy, too. Some of them may be prone to crashes, and others may have connectivity issues. Additionally, make sure they won’t drain your phone’s battery more than expected.
Other Features to Consider
Here are some other things to keep in mind when buying a wireless Bluetooth finder:
- Design – you can go for a card-like design that perfectly fits into your wallet or a look that reminds of a keychain.
- Battery life – it can significantly vary from one device to another. Fortunately, most batteries are easily replaceable.
- Out of range alert – in case the connection is lost, the phone and the tracker will both notify you.
- Find your phone – apart from using the smartphone app to find your items; this gives you the option to use the tracker to locate your phone.
You know now how to find the best wireless Bluetooth trackers out there. If you want a reliable device that will help you find your keys or wallet every time, we suggest ordering your favorite product from our list!
Generally, Bluetooth trackers vary in range but most can work to a limit of around 100-200ft. The range limit can be affected by numerous outcomes such as walls, doors, or any other solid objects that may interfere with the signal. As with any wireless device, the more solid objects that are in the way, the weaker the signal will become. Always stay within a relatively close distance of the tracker to maintain a strong signal.
No. If your device is automatically connected to the Bluetooth tracker, then you won’t be kicked off the device for as long as you are synced to it. If the device isn’t actively paired with your phone, then anyone who syncs to it will be joined instead of yourself. You can always resync the Bluetooth connection once you are back within signal range and no one else is connected to it.
Yes. As they generally use a wireless signal to send alerts to your phone, it will only be the device that the alerts are sent to which will make the noise – not the tracker itself. Trackers may have a small LED light on them that might give their presence away however the trackers themselves are silent at all times.