You may think of air hockey (AKA table hockey) as just a popular arcade game many people play to blow some steam off after work or just for fun during the weekends. Here’s a fun fact: air hockey goes all the way back to the ’70s, and there are a couple of serious air hockey championships in America, Europe, and Russia! However, it almost got pushed to extinction thanks to the emergence of video games in the ’90s. Could you imagine if we didn’t have table hockey today? You wouldn’t be searching up the internet for air hockey tables to buy right now…
Anyway — the point is, getting an air hockey table is the best investment for anyone. It’s compact enough for a home or for a cosy bar, and it is hard to resist. It’s an attractive addition to any space for sure. You’ll never find the table unoccupied unless no one’s home. If you’ve been searching for something to add a bit of pizzazz to your space, you’ve come to the right article! We’ve gone ahead and shortlisted five super fun air hockey tables that even professionals recommend getting. Let’s get started.
Atomic Top Shelf Air Hockey Table
- Durable and sturdy construction
- An arcade setting for a more fun gaming experience
- High-powered air flow system
- Large surface for more fun
- The strikers are rechargeable
- The large surface takes up more space in the house
- The electronics are not reliable; they may break down sometimes
- It comes in a small and compact size
- It is easy to unpack and assemble
- The top is electric-powered for an exciting playing experience
- It is strong and sturdy
- It comes with two pucks and two paddles
- It’s small size may limit the fun
- It is AC-powered only – it doesn’t come with an on or off switch
- It doesn’t have an automatic scoreboard
- The motor may overheat when placed on the carpet
Atomic Avenger 8 Air Hockey Table
3. Best Value
- Easy and quick to set up thanks to a touch-screen control system
- Puddles are ergonomically designed so that they are easy and comfortable to use
- Scores are registered electronically
- The surface is smooth and sleek for a flawless playing experience
- The legs are adjustable to suit people of all heights
- It is large and heavy, so it needs more space and may be cumbersome to move around
- The motor is powerful but also loud
- The table may be prone to scratches over time
The Best Air Hockey Tables You Can’t Miss Out On in 2023
Air Hockey Table Buying Guide
Air hockey tables come in a variety of designs, sizes, colors, and much more. You will have a hard time choosing one if you don’t know what to look for. As such, take these factors into consideration next time you go shopping:
The features on air hockey tables vary greatly – some are plain while others are decorated over the top. Some features are purely authentic while others are functional. Features range from lighting to air flow. Ideally, a table which has more features packs more fun and greater functionality. For instance, lighting is not only exciting and more fun but also functional when playing in the dark. Air flow is also necessary for the pucks to glide smoothly over the table.
However, it is important to keep in mind that air hockey tables with more features also come at a higher price.
As highlighted, air hockey tables come both small and large: some as small as 4 feet and others as large as 7.5 feet. The size determines a lot when it comes to air hockey. For starters, large tables reduce playing limitations and increase the fun; however, they also take up a lot of space and are usually difficult to set up. Small tables, on the other hand, limit your moves on the table but are compact and easy to set up in any room.
Air hockey tables are not exactly cheap, but they come at varying prices. The price is determined by a variety of factors such as size and features. If you have money to spend, don’t let price get in the way of your fun and go for one with the best features. If, on the other hand, you want to save, then go for an air hockey table with only the necessary features.
The Bottom Line
Well, there you have it. Our complete list of our favourite air hockey tables is great for anyone. Depending on what you’re looking for, there’s an air hockey table to cater to that need. The most important thing at the end of the day is that you have fun with it! We hope this article has helped you come to a decision, and that you get to slamming pucks real soon.
Air hockey table is designed to mimic hockey. The player’s goal is to kick the puck into the opponent’s goal using the puddle, which acts as the hockey stick. The only difference is that space is limited, but the rules are the same.
Cleaning and maintenance are necessary for extending the life of your air hockey table. As such, clean the surface every two weeks using sandpaper and cloth to keep it sleek and smooth. The pucks should also be scrubbed periodically to keep them smooth. It is also advisable to avoid aggressiveness when playing at the table can only take so much weight regardless of how sturdy the legs are. It also goes without saying that the table’s durability depends on its quality, so don’t expect cheap air hockey tables to serve you for long.